Problem with File Groups

Friday, February 5, 2010

Question:
In the My Documents folder I have files I want listed by Date Modified, just as I did with Windows XP and Vista. Windows 7 does this but splits my files into: Today, Earlier This week, A long time ago. How do i remove these groups?

Answer:
It is possible to disable this grouping but you can't do it in the Document Libraries, only in normal folders. Libraries are quite a clever idea as Windows will display the files from several folders at the same time but you have to view the files in groups.

To get to your documents, click on the Start Menu and then on your login name (it's the top right option). Double-click on the My Documents folder. Right-click on an empty part of the Explorer window, left-click on "Group by" and then left-click on (None).

You can create a shortcut to the My Documents folder in the Favourites section on the left. Click on the back button and then drag and drop the My Documents icon onto the Favourites text. A tooltip should appear under the cursor that says Create Link in Favourites.

0 comments:

Live Traffic Feed